How to Mute a Saved YouTube Live Stream Video?
How to Mute a Saved YouTube Live Stream Video? YouTube Live is a popular platform for people to stream live events, concerts, shows, and much more. However, not everyone can watch live events as they happen. YouTube provides the option to save these live streams as videos, so viewers can watch them later at their own convenience. However, sometimes the saved video may contain unwanted audio, like background noise or irrelevant chatter. In such cases, the ability to mute the video can come in handy. This article explains how to mute a saved YouTube live-stream video.
Understanding the Need to Mute a Saved YouTube Live Stream Video
- Unwanted noise: When recording live events, there can be a lot of background noise, like people talking or music playing. Such noise can make it difficult to hear the main audio or may be distracting.
- Personal preferences: Everyone has different preferences when it comes to consuming content. Some may prefer to watch a video without any background music or commentary.
- Editing: If you plan to use the video for your own purposes, you may want to mute certain parts of it.
Steps to Mute a Saved YouTube Live Stream Video
- Open the video editor: Log in to your YouTube account and navigate to the video editor. You can find this under the “Creator Studio” section.
- Select the video: Find the saved YouTube live-stream video that you want to mute and select it.
- Click on the audio tab: Once you have selected the video, click on the “Audio” tab. This will bring up the audio settings for the video.
- Mute the audio: In the audio settings, you will see a slider that controls the volume of the video’s audio. Move the slider all the way to the left to mute the audio completely.
- Save the changes: Once you have muted the audio, click on the “Save” button to save the changes to the video.
- Preview the video: After saving the changes, you can preview the video to ensure that the audio has been muted.
Tips for Muting a Saved YouTube Live Stream Video
- Use headphones: When muting a video, it’s important to use headphones so you can hear the audio clearly.
- Check the video quality: Before muting the video, make sure that the video quality is good. If the video is too dark or blurry, it may be difficult to see what’s happening.
- Use subtitles: If you’re muting the audio for someone else to watch, consider using subtitles to provide context.
- Make sure the video is still watchable: When muting the audio, make sure that the video is still watchable. If the video is too long or boring, viewers may lose interest.
Muting a saved YouTube live stream video is a simple process that can make it more enjoyable for viewers to watch. Whether you’re editing the video or just prefer to watch it without any background noise, muting the audio can make a big difference.
Can I unmute a video after muting it?
Yes, you can unmute a video by following the same steps and moving the audio slider back to the right.
Does muting a video affect the video quality?
No, muting a video has no effect on the video quality.
Can I mute specific parts of the video?
No, muting the video will mute the entire audio track.
Can I mute a live-stream video while it’s still streaming?
No, you can only mute a saved video.
Can I mute a YouTube video from a different website?
No, you can only mute YouTube videos on the YouTube website.